The Perfect Easter Brunch: It's Okay to be Fancy part 2.
First of all, I want to say thank you to all of you who read and responded to my story. It's not easy sharing "reality" on this virtual space—but I am so thankful I did. While taking some time away from blogging... I enjoyed spending an Easter weekend with friends. Easter is one of my favorite holidays for so many reasons, most of all because it celebrates Jesus' total victory over our total depravity. And if that's not something worth celebrating... I honestly don't know what is!
So we've started this unofficial tradition... Easter Brunch on the porch. It's the one day out of the year that I like to get all fancy...
- assorted cheeses
- deviled eggs with smoked salmon
- herb encrusted pork tenderloin with fig preserves
- cranberry pecan salad (thanks to Liz!)
- proscuitto wrapped asparagus (thanks to Tiffany!)
- from scratch biscuits (thanks to recipe by Will Gibson!)
- banana pudding
- old fashioneds (thanks to Rob and Em!)
- J. Lohr wine and more (thanks to Sam!)
- Bulleit Bourbon (thanks to K. Falk!)
So what if it was absolutely freezing? So what if we pulled out a space heater to keep on the porch?
It was great. Check out more pictures below the fold ...
Happy Easter! (And don't miss last year's fancy brunch!)
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOB RACKLEDGE!